Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd takes to the Coimbatore, the total land area of Coimbatore is 23.5 square kilometers. The population of this city is 1,446,034 during the year 2001. The altitude is 411 meters above mean sea level. The clothing here is tropical and the season to visit the city is all through the year. The people of various states line here and they speak Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, English and Marathi. The STD code for Coimbatore is 0422. This is one of the top most industrial cities of Tamilnadu. The city is situated on the banks of the River Noyyal. There are proper facilities of transportation through air (peelamedu airport), through bus and through rail (Coimbatore Junction and Podanur Junction).
Charming Coimbatore, also known as Korai had its first origins, the Irular tribes of Kovan who settled in Kongunadu during the early times. Then this place was conquered by the Cholas. There were other kings of various dynasties who ruled this part and finally the British reigns ruled this place and name it Coimbatore. Now there are over 5000 small, medium and large textile mills. The black soil, good rains and water resources had made this place a major agricultural centre. Cotton is grown is bulk and this made Coimbatore a textile city. Today Coimbatore is known to be the Manchester of South India. This is also the Textile capital of South India. The other major industries are machinery, automobile spares, motors, electronics, and steel and aluminum foundries.
Coimbatore Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd is known for its various industries, engineering goods, textile mills, educational institutions, health care facilities, pleasant weather, friendly culture and hospitality. There is a significant minority of people of North and West Indian origin in Coimbatore which gives it a cosmopolitan outlook. The Tamil spoken here is called Kongu Tamil. Other languages spoken include English, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada. Very friendly & courteous people in South India. Except for early summer it otherwise has a very pleasant climate throughout the year, similar to a resort town. It's one of the upcoming Information Technology Hub with new initiatives from the State Govt. Coimbatore is an orthodox city. It has developed in terms of wealth, however the general populace is still down to earth. People here don't have a flashy lifestyle, they are generally very content. Most of all the Coimbatoreans are known for the respect displayed in language towards everyone.
The State Transport Corporation and a lot of private buses like Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd to coimbatore that can operate from Coimbatore to major cities in Tamil Nadu and neighboring Kerala and Karnataka states.
There are no shopping malls at present in Coimbatore although atleast two are under construction.Shopping in Coimbatore is concentrated in the areas of RS Puram, Cross-Cut Road and the Town Hall Area(Oppanakara St, Big Bazaar St, Raja St).Coimbatore,known as the Manchester of South India,is famous for textiles.Visitors to Coimbatore must not miss the dazzling array of shops selling Kanchivaram, Benares and designer sarees at Cross-Cut Road. Coimbatore is also known for its numerous jewelry stores situated along Cross-Cut Road and Town Hall Area.Leading global brands like Lee,Arrow,United Colors of Benetton, Levi’s Reebok, Adidas, Puma, Crocodile etc.,have retail outlets in D.B.Road.There are several huge textile showrooms in the city (Chennai Silks, Ganapathy Silks,Shree Devi Textiles,Kalyan Silks ) that sell ethnic wear, catering to the needs of the entire family.Sri Krishna Sweets, that specializes in Indian sweets,is famous for its Mysurpa(a sweet made from lentil flour and ghee).
Coimbatore provide the service like ATMs have of most major banks sprung up in most parts of the city with the major number concentrated in the commercial areas like R.S.Puram,Trichy Road and Avanashi Road. You can visit the coimbatore through Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd
Nilgiris is South India’s leading chain of retail stores providing consumers a shopping experience that hinges around freshness of produce, superior quality and better value. They have an outlet in R.S. Puram and another at Trichy Road. They stock most of the up-market food items like frozen and tinned foods, offering a wide range of grocery, general merchandise and personal care products. They also stock gourmet cheeses like Gouda, Colby, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Havarti, Feta, Haloumi and Camembert made by Acres Wild Cheesemaking Farm which is located in Coonoor, totally Coimbatore contains all these facilities and this can be utilised by Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd
Book online bus tickets to Coimbatore by Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Coimbatore
, Coimbatore-Bangalore Intl Airport
Book online bus tickets to Cochin By Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd
Kochi Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd , formerly known as Cochin, is a city in the Indian state of Kerala. The city is one of the principal seaports of the country and is located in the district of Ernakulam, about 220 kilometres (137 mi) north of the state capital, Thiruvananthapuram. It has an estimated population of 600,000, with an extended metropolitan population of about 1.5 million, making it the largest urban agglomeration and the second largest city in Kerala after the state capital. Kochi is also the largest city in South India without a Hindu majority.
In 1102 CE, Kochi Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd became the seat of the Kingdom of Cochin, a princely state which traces its lineage to the Kulasekhara Empire. Heralded as the Queen of Arabian Sea, Kochi was an important spice trading centre on the Arabian Sea coast since the 14th century. Ancient travellers and tradesmen referred to Kochi in their writings, variously alluding to it as Cocym, Cochym, Cochin, and Cochi. Occupied by the Portuguese in 1503, Kochi was the site of the first European colonial settlement in India. It remained the capital of Portuguese India until 1530, when they opted for Goa as their capital. The city was later occupied by the Dutch, the Mysore and the British.
Kochi Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd entered a period of economic growth after 2000, leading to a spurt in the city's development. A growing centre of shipping industries, international trade, tourism and information technology, Kochi is one of the fastest growing second-tier metros in India. Like other large cities in the developing world, Kochi continues to struggle with urbanisation problems such as traffic congestion and environmental degradation.
Kochi Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd, or more familiarly, Cochin is a city of many parts. Around for a long, long time, Kochi played a pivotal role in the development of shipping and trade in the region. Kochi''s prime location on the west coast, its fine bay and protected harbour made it popular with seafarers and merchant ships
who made frequent stops to stock up on spices, coffee and wooden route to the rich markets of Europe and West Asia. And so down the ages, Kochi prospered as a busy port city and commercial centre. Its seafront is still extremely relevant to Cochin and to India it houses a Naval Base and one of India’s busiest ports. It’s twin city, Ernakulam, is an important railhead and industrial centre. Kochi''s location between the blue, blue waters of the Arabian Sea and Kerala’s emerald backwaters, its rich medley of Indian and foreign architecture, its truly unusual sights like the Chinese fishing nets and its quaint quiet localities like the Jewish Quarters demand the attention of all who travel to Kerala. Explore the city thoroughly it’s bound to have you hooked!
Cochin''s Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd history is a bright tapestry - many coloured threads woven through centuries together present the fabric of the present. Its involvement with the Portuguese, the Dutch and the British are evident in the architecture of city buildings, the old durbar hall is the spice in the dish! Modern day Kochi may be a busy port and shipping centre but it has many attractions for ordinary tourists.
Places to seen in Cochin.
1) Bolghatty Palace in cochin - Once a mansion of the British Resident and now a hotel, is in palm fringed Bolghatty Island
2) Mattancherry Palace in cochin - The palace (Dutch Palace) was built by the Portuguese in 1557 and presented to the Cochin Raja, Veera Kerala Varma. The Dutch renovated it after 1663, and hence the palace has another name, 'Dutch Palace'.
3) The cochin is the most important feature of Mattanchery Palace is the murals in the bedchambers and other rooms, which depict scenes from the Ramayana, Mahabharata and Puranic legends connected with Shiva, Vishnu, Krishna, Kumara and Durga. These murals are some of the most beautiful and extensive, and are one of the wonders of India.
4) The Shiva temple in Ettumanur ( near Kottayam) has similar murals.
5) Jewish Synagogue in cochin - Constructed in 1568, this is the oldest synagogue in the Commonwealth. A stone slab from Kochangadi synagogue (built in 1344, and has then disappeared), inscribed in Hebrew, can be found on the inner surface of the wall.The synagogue has hand-painted, willow pattern floor tiles brought from China.
6) St. Francis Church in cochin - Built in 1503 by Portuguese Franciscan friars, this is India's oldest European-built church. The original structure was wood, but was rebuilt in stone in mid-16th century. Vasco da Gama, the first European to reach India, died in Cochin in 1524 and was buried here for 14 years before his remains were transferred to Portugal. The tombstone still stands in Cochin.
7) Cochins' Famous Chinese Fishing Nets in cochin - Lined along the sea-front, these fishing nets exhibit a mechanical method of catching fish, introduced by Chinese traders from the court of Kublai Khan. These nets are also seen along the backwaters between Cochin (Kochi) and Kottayam, and between Alleppey (Alappuzha) and Quilon (Kollam). They are mainly used at high tide.
8) Parishath Thampuran Museum in cochin - Housed in what was previously Durbar Hall, constructed in traditional Kerala style, the museum contains collections of 19th century oil paintings, old coins, sculptures and Mughul paintings and exhibits from the Cochin Royal family.
By visiting the cochin place through Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd, it can be viewed and enjoyed.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Cochin
, Cochin-Bangalore Intl Airport
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Cochin
, Bangalore Intl Airport-Cochin
About Alhind Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd: